- Author: Shannon P. Pratt
- ISBN: 0470476052
- ISBN13: 9780470476055
- Language: English
- Pages: 704
Cost of capital estimation has long been recognized as one of the most critical elements in business valuation, capital budgeting, feasibility studies, and corporate finance decisions and is also the most difficult procedure to assess and perform. Now in its fourth edition, Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples addresses the most controversial issues and problems in estimating the cost of capital.
Renowned valuation experts and authors Shannon Pratt and Roger Grabowski present both the theoretical development of cost of capital estimation and its practical application to valuation, capital budgeting, and forecasting of expected investment returns encountered in current practice. In this learning text/handy reference, Pratt and Grabowski deftly review and explore the theory of what drives?the cost of capital, the models currently in use to estimate cost of capital, and the data available as inputs to the models to estimate cost of capital.
In this thoroughly updated and comprehensive fourth edition, Cost of Capital summarizes the results and practical implications of the latest research—much of which is gleaned from unpublished academic working papers—and includes scores of formulas and elucidating examples throughout to enhance readers' insights.
Pratt and Grabowski have updated their text to include a host of new material, including:
• A new chapter reconciling various forms of the income approach
• Expanded material on estimating the equity risk premium, chronicling the impact of the crisis of 2008–2010 and its impact on the cost of equity capital
• Expanded material on estimating the cost of debt capital and the impact of deleveraging on the debt capacity of businesses
• An updated chapter covering cost of capital for financial reporting under SFAS 141R, 142, and 144 (with full cross-referencing to the new FASB Accounting Codification), with examples of inferring rates of return for underlying assets from cost of capital of reporting units
• Expanded chapters on risk measures and their relationship to cost of capital and company-specific risk
• Expanded chapters on cost of capital for distressed companies
• Expanded discussions on the Morningstar SBBI data on supply-side equity risk premium and size premium
• Updated chapter on the cost of capital in transfer pricing related to the valuation of intangible assets under the new cost-sharing regulations
The landmark book corporate treasurers, business appraisers, CPAs, and valuation experts have come to rely on, Cost of Capital lays out the basic tools to use immediately when estimating cost of capital or when reviewing an estimate. This dynamic author team also analyzes criticism of major models for developing estimates of the cost of capital in use today, and also presents procedures for a number of alternative models.
This definitive text is an indispensable reference tool for professional valuation practitioners as well as attorneys and judges, investment bankers, CFOs, academicians and students, and CPAs.
Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples download links
E-book formats: Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples PDF, ePub, mobi, txt, Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples doc, pdb, djvu, fb2, ibooks, azw3, azw, kf8, rtf
Free download Cost of Capital: Applications and Examples for iPhone/iPod/iPad, Android, BlackBerry or PC/MAC. Only top download links from: Dropbox.com, Uploadednet, Depositfiles.com, Dfiles.com, Fileboom, FileFactory , FileJoker, Hugefiles, Keep2Share (K2s, Keep2s), Mega.nz, Neodrive.co, CloudZilla.to, Rapidgator, Rg.to, Solidfiles, Tezfiles, Uploadable.ch, Uploaded.net, Uploaded.to, ul.to, Uploadrocket.net, Upsto.re, Upstore.net, Zippyshare